Using a manual pump supplied with your kayak is easy and straightforward, and a great pre-paddle warm up!
First step - assemble the pump and attach to the Kayak valve
The gauge for the kayak pump will come attached to the pump, but not assembled.
- Unwrap the gauge and attach to the pump outlet.
- Attach the pump hose to the gauge
- Attach the hose to the kayak and inflate to 1.5 psi.
Inflating a Kayak
- Unroll and unfold the kayak and lay flat on a smooth surface - do not set up on sharp rocks or shells, or drag the kayak.
- Ensure the side tube valves are securely screwed into their ring plate. Attach the air tap on your pump to each side tube, inflating to 1.5 PSI / 0.1 bar. Once inflated, firmly cap the valve.
- Follow the same procedure for the kayak floor. Secure the valve to the ring plate, attach the pump air tap and inflate to 1.5 PSI / 0.1 bar. Cap the valve when done.
- Check the kayak looks straight. If a twist is present, deflate, adjust and re-inflate.